Skills, Languages, and Technology
High Level/Architectural Skills
- Object Oriented and Procedural Paradigms
- Software Architecture: 3-Tier, MVC, Client-Server, SOA, etc.
- Creational, Behavioral, and Structural OO Design Patterns
- Software Engineering Lifecycle
- Writing formal (Software Requirements Specifications and Software Design Documents) and informal (Functional Specifications and Technical Specifications) Software Engineering Documents.
- Planning using standard diagrams such as Class Diagrams, Flow Charts, UML Diagrams, Database Structures, etc.
- Experience with PHP MVC Frameworks (CakePHP) and building off of scaffolding
- Open Source solutions (WordPress, Joomla, and ZenCart)
- Working with and managing off-premises developers or development teams throughout the world.
- Software Development Processes: Waterfall, Spiral, Iterative, and Agile Processes. Most experience in Agile processes, and agile implementations of iterative processes. Experience with several of the Agile development methods including Extreme Programming (XP), Feature Driven Development (FDD), and Scrum.
- PHP 4 & 5 - More than a half-decade experience with OOP in PHP. Expert with the following PHP Extensions: mysql/mysqli & pgsql, cURL, DOM, FTP & sFTP, gd, mcrypt, json, posix, memcached, and more.
- HTML 4.01/CSS2.1 - Expert in writing well formed, semantic HTML in standards compliance mode to conform to the most rigid standards, mainly HTML 4.01 Strict.
- SQL - Expert in writing SQL queries for MySQL and Postgres with some experience in MsSQL. Knowledgeable in database security and utilizing technologies such as prepared statements and transactions as well as properly sanitizing and escaping data.
- Flash/Flex ActionScript 2/3 - Over 6 years experience working with Macromedia/Adobe Flash. Expert in both Flash and Flex with extensive experience developing custom applications, components, and websites in Flash and Flex; utilizing both AS2 and 3. Developed a custom Flash/Flex CMS & E-Commerce platform that is fully templatable.
- C++ - Learned Object Oriented Programming in C++ at Monmouth University in my Programming Classes and spent four years developing during college and after with C++.
Concepts & Small Languages
- NetBiscuits BiscuitML (Mobile Transcoder for Websites and Web Applications on Mobile Devices)
- SOAP + WSDL
- Regular Expressions
- OAuth 1 & 2
- SMS & MMS
- POP & IMAP
Open Source, Libraries, APIs
- Smarty PHP Templating
- Google & Yahoo Maps APIs
- Google Apps APIs
- TinyMCE & CK WYSIWYG Editor
- Joomla CMS
- ZenCart E-Commerce
- Facebook Graph API & (Legacy) REST API
- Twitter API
- Google AdWords/AdSense
- Adobe: Photoshop, Flash, Flex, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Acrobat, etc.
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel (Including advanced functions and graphing), PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Outlook, etc.
Operating Systems/Server Admin/Networking
- Windows, Apple OS/Mac, Linux/Unix (Experience with Debian, RHEL, Ubuntu, and Gentoo Distros)
- Configuring and administering LAMP and LAMP-Like servers. (Both Apache and Lighttpd web servers)
- 2 Years of Cisco CCNA Training